Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I only stand in line for geeky things

Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors. He has announced that hes tired of doing book signings so hes on his last tour right now.
The Barns and Noble next to my house happened to be offering wrist bands that give you an in to a book signing here next month with the purchase of his new book The Ocean at the end of the Lane.
So I told my job that I would be coming in late and ran over to wait for the store to open.
I only stand in like for geeky things so I know how geeks act. Geeks are like cheap people on Black Friday.
You have to get there EARLY.
I grabbed my coffee and got in line an hour and a half before the store opened and was still positioned about 50 people deep, possibly more.
I did get my wrist band and also picked one up for my little sister. I promised to get one for her for her 16th birthday present and luckily I have delivered!

Its a damn good thing there arent any good TV shows on lately because my reading list is getting pretty long.

1 comment:

  1. Heh. Not counting an issue of "Sandman" some friends got me nearly twenty years ago (and the behind-the-scenes book he wrote about The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books years and years ago, which I owned for ages before I realized who wrote it) I just started reading my first Neil Gaiman book, "American Gods," this weekend. I was inspired to get it because I heard his interview on Weekend Edition about The Ocean at the End of the Lane. I mentioned this to my writing group, which meets in a coffee house/bookstore, and a friend mentioned that she had donated her Neil Gaiman books to the place. We found her copy on a nearby shelf, and I bought it for $5.

    ReplyDelete