Friday, June 21, 2013

Change of plans

I was planning on getting off work today, packing up the car, and heading down to Madison to visit my parents for the weekend.

When I picked up Lea from daycare they informed me her temp was 99 at 5:15. Her teeth have been coming in all at once so we both assumed that it was her teeth. I brought her home and put her in the living room while I started throwing things into the car. After about 20 minutes I noticed that she went from playing  with her little kitchen to laying on the floor with her lamb whimpering. I gave her some baby pain meds and took her into her room to snuggle in the rocking chair. We read a story and I checked her temp and it was 102.9. Thats not her teeth. So I sadly called my mom and told her that we would not be coming down to visit, I ran to the store and picked up a few things I didnt think we needed over the weekend because I had expected to be elsewhere, and I received a blazing alert on my phone that we were in a sever weather alert. My phone NEVER gets alerts so I imagined it would be pretty bad.
It might be a good thing that we werent on the road when the storms started to hit. Maor was getting calls from other techs saying the flash floods where stranding cars and basically making rivers out or roads.

To pass the time after the first storm hit I did another costume show on camwhores. This time as Vivan the hooker from Pretty Woman

The alerts are going off on my phone again. I hope this doesnt go on all night

No comments:

Post a Comment