Thursday, June 27, 2013

Detached

Everyone is talking about their 5yr, 10yr, and 20yr high school reunions.

I went to 3 different high schools and havent been invited to a single reunion. I dont even know if I made it in to any of the year books while I was in any of those high schools. I know people remember me because they constantly try to friend me on facebook but I dont know why they bother. I certainly dont remember most of them. Those that I do remember I dont talk to anymore anyway.

You would think that moving so much, going through 3 middle schools and 3 high schools, would have made me a master at long distance relationships. I should be a pro at writing letters and phone calls.

Im not.

I have very little interest in 90% of the people I have met in my life because I feel like they are very much like other people I have met. The 10% I do take an interest in Im not good at keeping in touch with but part of the reason I like them so much is that when the time does come we can sit down and have a conversation like we have been talking every day for the past 2 years.

I know my not even wanting to go to a high school reunion anyway stems from not really having a high school. I would gladly go to an elementary school reunion. Most of my elementary school class is in my facebook friends. I would go to a college reunion.

I just dont care about that middle 6 years. I try very hard to forget it. My family wont even acknowledge that I was a teenager because of how I lashed out. I hope I didnt get invited anywhere because everyone forgot me.

1 comment:

  1. achhhh....this makes me sad for some reason - i guess because high school was really great for me. honestly though, while i remain friends with many from high school, i do not hang out with any of them any more.

    patagoniashoerat

    ReplyDelete