Sunday, October 20, 2013

Oh darn..gotta go!

How busy I am at work depends on the weather. This time last year I was still pulling my hair out I was so busy. This year though we went from warm and sunny to freezing and raining with no in between so I went from stupidly busy to nothing to do.

Friday I was finishing up with my daily reports and paperwork when I got a call from the daycare. Every time they call Im always like "Oh hey! Whats up!? Oh wait...this isnt a good thing."
I had checked Leas temp before I brought her to daycare because she was acting a little cruddy. I was sick last week so I was honestly expecting this. Her daycare though is super good about not freaking out for no reason so when they called and said she was at 100 but I HAD to pick her up I was a little concerned. They normally just give her baby Tylenol and see how it goes before they call.
So I sat there for a second on the phone trying to decide if I should ask them to give her medicine and wait it out, call Maor, or just leave.
I looked at my inbox... nothing to do. 
I looked at my coworkers... the other admin was having a freak out over the new admin fucking up something I didnt even know was possible. 
So I said I would be there ASAP. Ran in to my bosses office and told him I had to go. Oh darn! Sick baby.
The admin having the freak out reminded me that I was out of sick time so I yelled to use my vacation time before I ran out the door. Last time I checked I had 4 days left and the only other planned day off I have is the day after Thanksgiving so bill me...or I'll work a couple Saturdays and ask my aunt to babysit. 

Turns out the reason the daycare freaked out over Leas temp was because 5 kids already called in/left with croup so they are on high sick kid alert.
So Lea took it easy while I used my day off to clean the house. I want to rake the leaves SOOO badly but everything is so wet I could break the rake on the weight. 
My aunt came down for the weekend of course. We made an appearance as a family (even Maor) at the 50th anniversary party for an obscure relative. Everyone thought Maor was from France. Maor and Lea could only eat desert because EVERYTHING was pork. I dug in because I knew he wouldnt want to make a scene and yell at me for eating pork in front of strangers. The pulled pork was FANTASTIC!
Im so bad.

Usually on weekend mornings my aunt goes to grab Lea. Shes one of those 5am risers so she will putter around and do my dishes on weekend mornings then grab Lea as soon as she wakes up. I cant even sleep through the slightest peep from Lea so I know when she does this every time but Im not going to lie... Im totally taking advantage of it and go back to sleep for another hour as soon as Im sure Lea has been changed and is playing.
This morning after getting up once an hour to comfort my little sick baby. I heard my aunt grab her and change her but in stead of playing I heard horse crying. So I jumped out of bed and were in the urgent care as soon as it opened. 

She has the beginnings of a lot of things. They said it looked like either an ear infection or strep. They also said the cough could be croupish. So I went home loaded up with 2 prescriptions. I texted my boss and told him I wont be going in tomorrow. He said ok. 

We got Lea back on the couch with snacks and warm apple juice and gave her the first doses of  medicine. Then my aunt and I got to work making an all from scratch pumpkin pie with a pumpkin we bought last week and a batch of pumpkin cookies with a penuche frosting. They both came out great!!

Next weekend I have my painting classes! Im so excited! I need to buy some new water colors and pens because lots of my art stuff got lost in the multiple moves from the years. I also need to pick out a few pictures to bring to class to copy. I think tomorrow Im going to go through pictures and pick out a few I want. I may post them here for opinions if I cant narrow things down.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning, I hope Lea is feeling better today.