Monday, July 8, 2013

SQUEEE!!

Earlier tonight I took my little sister to Neil Gaimans book reading and signing.

I was planning on us leaving a little before 4pm because the fliers handed out with the wrist bands asked that people please not start lining up until then. My mother pointed out that people could sit in the parking lot and wait to line up...so we were sitting in the parking lot at 3pm with a few other crazies.

I taught my little sister to play back gammon while we waited in line. In my excitement I actually forgot the rules of back gammon so we really played a back gammon Parcheesi hybrid game... my mother corrected the rules I taught her when we got home.

I didnt think I would geek out so badly. I dont think I have ever met anyone famous let alone someone who's writing I love so much. The reading was fabulous. The Q&A was hilarious. It was hands down the best hour and a half I have ever sat in line for. 

Because we got there so early we were sitting in the front row for the reading so we were some of the first that got our books signed. I didnt want to hold up the line so my sister and I decided we would just take pictures of each other getting our items signed. She had 2 books. I had my book and a toy TARDIS (because my favorite Doctor Who episode happens to be The Doctors Wife). My sister refused to have her book signed first because she was so nervous so I handed her my phone, saw my stuff get pushed over, and was face to face with Neil Gaiman. He commented on the TARDIS and I think I yelled "IM A HUGE FAN!  THE DOCTORS WIFE WAS MY FAVORITE DOCTOR WHO EPISODE!" I honestly dont know if he said anything or if I said anything after but I did remember to look up at my sister...who was holding my phone and reminded her to take a picture. When I looked down he handed me my TARDIS and I looked at it and squeeked "Thank you so much!!" and then I dont remember if he said anything. I just remember trying to remember that I couldnt just go running out of the theater screaming like an idiot. 
I took my phone from my sister and started snapping pictures of her getting her books signed. I was shaking so I took a lot of pictures and I think I might have even been talking to myself out loud reminding myself to be cool and take a deep breath.

He shook my sisters hand and she grabbed her books and all hell broke loose. We "HOLY CRAP! OH MY GOD! SQUUEEEE!" all the way up the stairs, out of the building, in to the parking lot, down the road, and back to my house. 

Hind sight I cant believe I acted like that. How lame must we have looked? But holy crap how great was that!? He signed my TARDIS! Im pretty sure we made eye contact! My sister totally forgot that she even had a voice and didnt say a damn thing but she shook his hand! 

But really I didnt expect to react that way. I didnt know I could even get crazy star struck. I didnt even know I was star struck until he was RIGHT THERE then my brain just went mushy.

 My sister forgot to start taking pictures and then froze when I told her to take a picture so really Im lucky to have a picture where he is in the same frame as me.



1 comment:

  1. You're a cute geek with a killer bedroom attitude and the body to go with it. Keep on nerding!

    Ritchie

    ReplyDelete