Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Crush: a brief but intense infatuation for someone, especially someone unattainable or inappropriate

Im having a bit of a problem with work place crushes.

A new line worker has a crush on me. If he was 10-12 yrs older I might go "Hellooo." but hes not. Hes tall, dark, and ripped, not obnoxious like the other workers his age, and Im guessing painfully shy because most of his face is covered by his braids but hes MAYBE 22. My brain just goes "Aww, adorable but no."
A line worker who is much older than me said, "Hes got a crush on you." today.
I said, "I know..."
I knew from his first day. His eyes might as well turn into animated hearts when I walk by and yesterday he very unnecessarily picked up a very heavy bin full of water bottles and lugged it over to where we do rework showing off some really nice arm muscle action. I looked over and said "Woo. Someones showing off!" and he grinned.
Older coworker: "He asked me if I could talk to you for him."
Me: "Are we back in high school now?"
Coworker: "I told him to man up and talk to you himself."
Me: "Oh boy. Hes cute but way too young for me. This will not end well for him."
Coworker: "Mmmm-hmmm."
Now to add to that hint of awkwardness which I can easily play dumb about he either told some of the loud idiot workers his age or they are not blind or as stupid as I think and figured it out themselves and they are insufferable. One has started doing everything in his power to annoyingly get my attention and has started singing a song with a variation of my name VERY loudly.
If he keeps doing it Im going to have to get him talked to because its going to give me a headache and the song lyrics arent exactly something you want to hear yelled at work.
The young line workers dont last long so that bit of weirdness might be over by Friday.

I do however have a bit of an issue with myself.... I have a crush on a guy at work. Hes not a line worker and as far as I can tell hes not going anywhere so I just need to suck it up. Hes hot and every time I figure out we have something in common I mentally go "Damn it!"
Im not looking for a relationship. Every time someone on a dating site says "What are you looking for?" my answer is "I dunno." Friends are good. Fuckbuddies are good. If both work out and it turns into an actual relationship, great! If not Im not going to be devastated or even lose sleep.
This is why Im having an issue with this having a crush on a hot guy at work thing. If he was just some guy I kept running into at a coffee shop I would just say "Hey, netflix and chill?" If it worked out one way, the other way, or both ways...great. If not... oh well. But with work if he didnt share my "whatever, no drama" attitude its asking for disaster.
Half of me thinks he has no interest in me, so whatever. The other half wonders why a thing of tiny post-it notes just went whizzing by my arm but when I turned around he had obviously jumped behind a wall. Was that flirting or are my "HELL YEAH I WAS RIGHT AGAIN YOU MAN CHILD!" dances getting old?
Actually, if we are flirting with each other we are doing it by annoying each other soooo instead of acting like high schoolers like the young people, we are acting like grade schoolers.

I need a distraction. Preferably one with nice abs and a sexy accent...who delivers chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment