Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1

We made it to Israel!
The plane ride wasn't bad, Lea was fantastic, but the car we rented was a bust. They wanted $700 more for a deposit than the $250 we put down weeks ago. So after a lot of yelling where Maor called them scam artists we took the train to Haifa and some friends picked us all up. Not that we couldn't afford the down payment.. It was more you tell us one thing and it's another, what is the bill going to be in 2 weeks?

The next day (today) we took Lea out for a walk around town. Took us 2 hours to go 4 blocks. We had to say hi to everyone. 
It was 60 out and sunny. Much better than the -4 we left.

Lea took a 2 hour nap after lunch. She has as many toys here as she does at home now.  Her aunts got her a trike! 

After nap we met great grandpa. We named lea after his late wife. He cried. Lea danced with him and we got some good pictures. 

Then we went and saw Claries (Maors moms sisters) new house. It's huge. I want her kitchen. 
Lea made friends with their dog Macho...a small dog wearing a sweater that Claries son Aden and I joked doesn't live up to his name. 

Lea is having a good time. Daddy is telling his family to back off when they get in her face and all try to get her attention at once. They said hes too bossy but I'm very proud. 

Tomorrow we are going to sefat or zefat sounds like isfat.. I googled it and the spellings are all different. 

I feel like we never left. I don't feel awkward at all. It could be because I don't know what anyone is saying most if the time.
Our English is already worse. I do half English half Hebrew and I've dumbed down my English so people can understand me. I can't do sentences in Hebrew so I just throw in words I know. Maor is all Hebrew. We tell anyone speaking English to lea to stop so she can learn. 

We had shawarma for dinner! I'm in heaven! 

No comments:

Post a Comment