Sunday, March 4, 2012

I didnt ask for a creeper with my coffee.

There is a Starbucks down the road from me. In the year I have lived in the area I have gotten my coffee and sat down to read there maybe 4 times.

So today I got my coffee, sat down in a chair in the corner, and read a bit (Im currently reading the first Game of Thrones book... Im 200 pages away from being done and I REFUSE to watch the series until I finish it). 
Halfway through my coffee I hear someone talking in my general direction. I didnt bother looking up because I assumed the person wasnt actually talking to me. The guy talking bent down right in my fucking face and said, "That must be your favorite spot! I see you there all the time."
I looked up at him and gave him a look like, "What the fuck do you want from me?" hoping that maybe if I didnt say anything he would just go away. He didnt. He kept staring at me and telling me about how he goes there all the time and never notices anyone else but me so this must be my favorite spot.

I finally gave in and said, "Its a place to sit." Then scotched myself down into the chair and went back to my Nook. 

I think he tried to keep up the conversation but I ignored him. He really creeped me out. Its one thing to strike up casual conversation... its another to get in a persons face tell them your the only one they notice. 

It sucks because I enjoy occasionally sitting in a coffee shop and chilling out and the area I live in is seriously lacking in comfy coffee shops but I dont think I'll be going back there for a good long time now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment