Monday, June 4, 2012

Girls night out

I guess its kind of a good thing that I decided to hold off from updating.
My first half a week back to working was emotional.
My new job is not hard by any means. I almost feel bad that they are paying me so much to sing my ABCs and do data entry. The people there are also very nice and have a great sense of humor.
What sucked was the total lack of sleep. Lea doesnt "go to bed" until 10. She wakes up at 4 or 5 to eat and I have to be up by 6:30 to get her to daycare and get to work. I dont fall asleep easily so even if Mo gets up with her to feed her Im wide awake at 5am.
So last week I was a horrible emotional wreck from lack of sleep.

This week I think I have just gotten use to not sleeping because I feel fine.

Of course my spirits were lifted quite a bit after a girls night out. A few friends from WI came up for the weekend and we went to a geeky burlesque night at a bar. And us being...well, us... we saw the word geek and dressed up. Lindsey was Black Widow, Lisa was Kaylee from Firefly, Quynh was Sailor Saturn, and because I didnt want to wear a skirt, heals, or makeup my first night out drinking after having a baby I was a Captain Hammer groupie. I had his dry cleaning bill....4 sweater vests.

We were the ONLY people outside of the people performing in the show to dress up. Lots of people stopped us and said they wanted to dress up but were too chicken and asked to take pictures with us. 

We had a lot of fun watching the burlesque show. These chicks dressed up in geeky costumes...and took them off...cause thats what they do. There was a Laura Croft, Princess Peach, a Tron stripper pole routine, and a chick dressed up and stripped as a TARDIS. They also had one guy who was Jareth from Labyrinth... who was very tall, skinny, and white...and had a major wardrobe malfunction, to the delight of every woman and gay man in the bar. 
It made me want to do burlesque, but my friends reminded me that if I joined the classes the group was advertising I would probably have to perform with them, which doesnt bother me, but Mo probably wouldnt be too happy.
That man is going to have to get over my being naked if Im ever going to have fun.

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit! How much fun are you? "That man is going to have to get over my being naked if Im ever going to have fun." I want every girl to be able to say this with conviction and purpose! i am really disappointed that you didn't share what the titty fairy brought you right after Lea's birth. I know from what my wife tells me that rapid breast growth is painful, but DAMN those things get big and firm in a hurry. Maintain your identity and keep regular nights out with girls to help maintain yoru sanity, and don't be afraid to show 'em on CW. I for one will be watching!

    Ritchie

    ReplyDelete